ECHA launched a public consultation on its draft recommendation of six new substances to be included in the Authorisation List recently. Interested parties are invited to submit comments by 23 September 2013.
The Agency regularly recommends substances from the Candidate List for inclusion in the Authorisation List (Annex XIV of REACH) to the European Commission. Based on an assessment of the available information and initial consultation of the Member State Committee, ECHA currently plans to recommend the following substances:
1. N,N-dimethylformamide (DMF)
2. Diazene-1,2-dicarboxamide (C,C'-azodi(formamide)) (ADCA)
3. Aluminosilicate Refractory Ceramic Fibres (Al-RCF)
4. Zirconia Aluminosilicate Refractory Ceramic Fibres (Zr-RCF)
5. Bis(pentabromophenyl) ether (decabromodiphenyl ether) (DecaBDE)
6. 4-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl)phenol, ethoxylated (4-tert-Octylphenol ethoxylates) (4-tert-OPnEO)
The recommendation also specifies the proposed conditions to the authorisation requirement for each substance. These conditions particularly include the latest application and sunset dates and any specific exemptions of uses from the authorisation requirement.
The Agency takes into account the comments received when finalising its recommendation. The European Commission will eventually decide which of the substances from ECHA's recommendation to include in the Authorisation List and on the respective conditions applicable for each substance.
News from ECHA