New Certification Updates for September
1. Brazil authority ANATEL issued Act 5701 to complement Act 4088.
2. The National Telecom Regulatory Authority of Egypt (NTRA) now approves voice calls via 4G Technology (VoLTE) to improve the quality of services provided.
3. Aruba authority DTZ shortened certificate validity from permanent to 5 years.
4. Singapore authority CPSO updated the CPS Information Booklet and issued Circular CPSO-120721-00. The main change is the list of safety standards for High-Risk Controlled Goods that will take effective July 13th, 2022. After this date, tests conducted under old standards will not be accepted for new registrations or renewals.
5. Singapore Authority IMDA released new technical specifications for Short Range Devices (SRD).
6. Saudi Arabia SASO released update announcement that the mandatory date of SASO IECEE certification new added categories (shavers, desktop computers, circuit breakers and mobile charging cables) has postponed to November 1st, 2021.
7. Kenya authority CAK stopped issuing Provisional Type Approval Certificates with 6 months validity and will directly issue final Type Approval Certificates with permanent validity.
8. The implementation date for the UKCA Mark has been postponed until January 1st, 2023. Until then, the CE Mark can still be used when entering UK market.
9. The Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority (BOCRA) released Type Approval Verification Guidelines for SIM-Enabled Devices which will come into effect on April 1st, 2022. Devices that have SIM cards now need to registered and verified on a system after obtaining certificates.
10. Korea Authority (KATS) officially released standard KC 62368-1 (AV/IT equipment) on August 27th, 2021. This standard is adopted from IEC 62368:2018 and becomes effective immediately. The original standard KC 60065 (AV) and K 60950 (IT) can still be used in parallel until December 31st, 2022.
For international certification inquiries, please contact your dedicated salesperson, or contact us