Certification Updates Reminders
Previously mentioned new regulations are implemented in August:
1. Thailand TISI issued a new safety standard TIS 1195-2561, which replaced old standard TIS 1195-2563. The new standard outlines safety requirements for Audio and Video (AV) products. The effective date is August 29th, 2021.
2.EAC CoC certification for EAEU countries require Global Location Number (GLN) from August 1st, 2021.
New Certification Updates for August
1. India BIS decides that the latest date of concurrent running of IS 1293: 2005 and IS 1293: 2019 will extend to June 1st, 2022.
2. Brazil ANATEL issued Official Letter 112/2021/ORCN/SOR-ANATEL extending the deadline to complete SAR testes for devices operating between 4-300MHz until March 31st, 2022, as local testing laboratories are still not ready yet.
3. The Office of the Regulator (OOTR) issued Order No. 2021/T02 regarding labelling for approved telecommunication equipment which is already effective, E-label can be used if the device has a display.
4. Malaysia SIRIM continues to allow interim approval with 1 year validity for IPv6 cellular devices without Wi-Fi interface.
5. Malaysia MCMC had issued the new Class Assignment which is already effective. There are now 28 Class Assignments. The main changes include removing frequencies already disallowed and technologies no longer in use.
6. Malaysia SIRIM introduced the SIRIM Trusted Mark Scheme (STMS) for companies that sell and/or supply certified products on e-Commerce platforms. This scheme requires audits and those companies that would like to become a “Trusted Company” can apply for it voluntarily.
7. In favor of new technologies and Cellular 5G, Israel MoC will carry out a plan to close 2G and 3G networks in three phases.
8. Saudi Arabia SASO postpones the mandatory date of SASO IEC 62368-1:2020 until January 1st, 2023. At the meantime, 6 new categories under SASO IECEE certification originally scheduled to be mandatory from July 1st, 2021, will become mandatory from September 1st, 2021.
For international certification inquiries, please contact your dedicated salesperson, or contact us