Certification Updates Reminders
Previously mentioned new regulations are implemented in July:
1. The Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) published new Circulars which will take effect on July 1st 2021. Type approved products under the old standards will need to be updated.
2. Thailand TISI new labeling format with mandatory QR code generated from TISI website will be effective from July 20th 2021.
3. Brazil ANATEL published Act 77 which establishes Cyber Security requirements for products with internet connection. This new Act will come into force starting July 4th 2021.
4. Saudi Arabia SASO added 6 new categories into mandatory scope of SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate (SIRC), which will be effective from July 1st 2021.
New Certification Updates for July
1. Vietnam MIC released supplementary Circular 01/2021/TT-BTTTT with some main points such as the product scope which are no longer exempt.
2. Mauritania authority Autorité de Régulation (AR) published the new guidelines for approval of terminal equipment and radio installations. The main changes include a longer leadtime, a new sample requirement and a new labelling requirement.
3. India TEC released an updated version 2.1 of its Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment (MTCTE) procedure. Important changes include update requirement on report and TEC label, with interim period until November 30th, 2021.
4. The Russian Federation Ministry of Economic Development issued Resolution No. 877, which indicate the requirements of the Global Location Number (GLN) and Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) for EAEU EAC certification.
5. Starting June 21st, 2021, products conforming to the technical regulations of the Russian Federation (under GOST R DoC) should be affixed the new CTP (STR) mark, but already certified products can continue to sell using the old PCT conformity mark until the end of the transition period June 21st, 2022.
6. Honduras CONATEL published Resolution NR 003/21, which updated the national frequency plan to open the use of the 6GHz band for WIFI 6E products.
7. Seychelles ICT issued a new type approval procedure for radio communication equipment. Type approvals which used to be voluntary, are now mandatory.
8. The Afghanistan ATRA released new labelling requirement where the label need to be etched on device or accessible through software, if unable to do so, self-adhesive labels will then need to be obtained from authority.
9. Ivory Coast ARTCI published Official Letter, allowing approval of vehicle radars using 76-77GHz frequency band.
10. Pakistan PTA issued new notice for Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) products, including allowed frequencies and non-allowed frequencies.
11. Saudi Arabia SASO recently announced that new controlled products are added into SASO IECEE recognition certificate, which will come into force on September 1st, 2021.
12. The Communications Regulatory Authority (CRA) issued Version No.4 of regulation for Short Range Devices (SRD). It is already effective now.
For international certification inquiries, please contact your dedicated salesperson, or contact us